My love for frying food is alive and well. Thanks in large part to these fried cinnamon apple rings. I can’t say enough good things about them, but all you need to know is they’re easy on the eyes and tongue. Think of them as mini apple pies in the form of onion rings. Now think about yourself enjoying one. Why stop there? Go for it and try making a batch of your own.
Slow-cooker season is here! If you don’t already own a slow cooker, I suggest you add one to your Christmas list immediately. The empowerment I feel when I come home to the fragrant smell of a warm, ready-to-eat meal after a long day at work is a feeling that can’t be beat. So go get a slow cooker and christen it with this recipe for ridiculously easy Mexican chicken soup.
If you own a slow cooker, you’ve likely already made this, and you’ll understand why I needed to share it in the off-chance someone hasn’t. The 3,800+ outstanding All Recipes reviews on what’s better known as a recipe for “Chicken Taco Soup” should speak for themselves, but let me tell you about it anyway.
Now’s the time where I think back to my Thanksgiving weekend with my dear Rohini. With the exception of Sunday’s many hours of schoolwork and time in the office, mine was the kind of perfectly uneventful weekend that I live for. On Friday night, we ordered in Pizza and online shopped as we watched Bridget Jones’s Diary and The Sound of Music (no way, will Carrie Underwood come close to topping that). And on Saturday, Brian and I took Rohini to our favorite Chinese place and caught a movie. It was great having her in town and we need to do it again soon.
I hope your week is off to a great start. Here’s to an even better second half.
I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here’s my latest list of desires and distractions.
1. Very much liking this keyring. (Madewell)
2. My book club is participating in a coffee-book themed secret-Santa exchange. I still haven’t found the right gift, but this list of suggestions is a great place to start. (Apartment Therapy)
3. I abstained from most Black Friday shopping, but couldn’t resist picking up this shirt. I’m glad I did, because it’s now sold out. (J. Crew Factory)
4. What the amount you tip says about you. Mine says I can’t do math.(Thrillist)
5. The most-shared ads of 2013. I’ll never get sick of the Jean-Claude Van Damme Volvo ad. (Mashable)
6. If Disney princesses had Instagram. I wish they did. (B for Bel)
7. 17 Productive ways to spend 5 minutes. (Fast Company)
8. Clever little ways to decorate a small space for the holidays. I really love this wrapping paper idea. (BuzzFeed)
Remember when I said last week that I was sick of pumpkin? Yeah, that didn’t last long, and neither did these pumpkin cupcakes. The cinnamon cream cheese frosting is what did me in. Let it do the same for you.
Potatoes are probably the last thing you need right now, but I couldn’t let this week pass without sharing a recipe for Thanksgivukkah-appropriate latkes with cranberry applesauce.
Better known as Thanksgiving, yesterday was also this year’s first day of Hanukkah. The two haven’t coincided since 1888, and it won’t happen again for another 79,811 years! How crazy is that? Luckily these latkes, better known as potato pancakes, are pretty straightforward to pull off, so you don’t have to wait for the next Thanksgivukkah to make them happen.