Avocados are my weakness, one that I give into every single day. I’m not made of money, but the man whose company I work for is, and the office kitchen has aguacates in ample supply.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that there’s absolutely no reason why I would need to work more avocado into my life, if anything I should be cutting it back. But when it’s Fryday and a beautiful, crunchy recipe like this one comes along, perfect for the not-quite ripe avocados sitting on my counter that I’m impatiently waiting to eat, a girl has no choice but to follow her heart and dive right in. TGIF.
My dear Brian is a good sport. He understands how much I love this blog of mine and puts up with me when I’m neglecting him to work on it, and tries his best not to look embarrassed when he waits for me to finish taking pictures at every meal. That’s love.
Like me, he’ll eat just about anything and rarely makes special food requests, but when he does, like he did with these Orange Creamsicle Milkshakes, I know to answer the call. He deserves it. Plus, these were incredibly easy to make, so I was more than happy to oblige.
In a conversation with a friend yesterday, I was reminded of the fact that I’ve been neglecting my Weight Watchers account. As in completely forgot about it, but still pay for it every month. As sad as that realization was, the timing of the reminder was supremely fortuitous because (1) Thursday/tomorrow was/is when my Weight Watchers week is set to begin, and (2) because ohmygod look at how much food I ate in the last seven days! Yes, I’m afraid it’s time to start tracking points again. Happy Wednesday, friends.
I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here are some of my latest desires and distractions.
1. Wedding season is upon us and I’ve become undeniably obsessed with gawking at invites and the like. Given that I’m not engaged myself, all of this is quite premature, but I just can’t seem to help myself. This is now my new favorite blog, naturally. (Oh So Beautiful Paper)
2. An avid Instagrammer lets us in on what she Instagrammed vs. Reality. I can relate. (Bustle)
3. Meatless meat, it’s more than just a trend. It might be the new way forward. Check out this great video on the company Beyond Meat produced by a former coworker. (Business Insider)
4. Definitive Proof that Eye Color Changes Everything. It’s a shame blue-eyed offspring isn’t in the cards for me. (BuzzFeed)
5. I have a white and grey thing going on with my luggage. This beautiful Lo & Sons Catalina bag in Dove Grey (discovered thanks to Victoria, plus a giveaway!) would make such a great addition to my prized travel paraphernalia. (Lo & Sons)
6. I couldn’t resist picking up these pineapple earrings when I saw them. It was love at first sight. I mean, have you seen anything more precious? (Ann Taylor)
7. If you’ve yet to check out ClickHole, you’re seriously missing out. This post on NSFW Halle Berry pictures had me laughing out loud at the office. (ClickHole)
8. The ultimate summer cooking tool kit. So helpful. And suddenly I’m sad the season’s half over. (New York Times)
Today is a big day at the office, we have a baby shower to celebrate! To honor the occasion, the coworkers and I are throwing one of our signature potlucks. We like to do it up big. Especially big this time, because Mommy-to-be’s had such a great year. In the last 12 month’s she’s gotten engaged, married, upgraded to bigger digs, and is now just weeks away from welcoming a baby boy into this world. What a year.
It wasn’t long ago that I baked a batch of Apple Pie Cupcakes to send her and her then husband-to-be off on their nuptials. They’re big pie people and ditched the traditional wedding cake for an assortment of pies. So when it came time to make something for their little one on the way, these little Caramel Apple Hand Pies were a no-brainer.