welcome!Fortune Goodies is a blog of food + fun with a taste for desserts + diversion. Written lovingly by its baker + blogger Yang Yang, a girl so nice they named her twice. More.
current location: atlanta
most fortunate posts
fortune goodies fortuneIf you are afraid to shake the dice, you will never throw a six.
fortune goodies favorites
travel food guides
fortune goodies fun
the fine printCopyright 2013-2016, Fortune Goodies.
thanks for reading!
Author Archives: Yang
Hi, guys! In a classic better-late-than-never move, I’m back on the blog (shortlived, I’m afraid) to share my fourth annual Super Bowl Bingo cards. With my beloved Broncos out of it this year, tonight’s game is a little less exciting for me (even if we’re rooting for our new local team – Go Falcons!), so I had to take matters into my own hands.
To play: Download and print out the cards (20 total on 10 sheets), cut them out, share them amongst your friends and watch the Super Bowl. The game officially begins at kickoff with the “Free Space” box in the middle to help get you started. Mark a box each time you see the play, shot or commercial listed. The first person to mark off five in a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) wins!
If I made these right, a winner shouldn’t be crowned too early into the game. I’d love your feedback though, so please report back and let me know how your game of game-day bingo went. Best of luck to you! And please spread the word about these. They’re too fun not to share. Enjoy!
Hi guys! It’s been a while, an embarrassingly long while, but rather than get into why I’ve been such a slacker (another topic for another time), I thought I’d just get things rolling with another one of my travel home videos. This time featuring the always lovely L.A. from nearly two months back (again, major slacker) when we made the trip for my dear friend Foram’s wedding to her beloved Ben. The wedding was perfect as was the weather, and we couldn’t have asked for a better time. Figuring out how to win the lottery so we can return and live there for good is currently a top personal priority. Until then, enjoy this video!
Music: “Rollercoaster” by Bleachers
I hope this Tuesday finds you well, friends. Here are some links getting me through the week.
1. Our house is lacking in many areas, especially when it comes to greenery. I’d love to add some big potted plants throughout the place, and this guide is a great resource. (Cupcakes and Cashmere)
2. It’s been snowing here in Atlanta, and let me tell you, people lose their minds when it happens. This Weekend Update bit from a few years back when Atlanta had that terrible snowstorm is hilarious and spot on. Ah, my new homes. (Hulu)
3. I’ve got the travel itch bad. These 17 reasons to travel more aren’t helping. (Travel+Leisure)
4. I’m dragging Brian to see Zoolander 2 this weekend. He finds the character to be too idiotic, but isn’t that the point? This Vogue 73 Questions video isn’t any smarter. (YouTube)
5. For my birthday, I asked for a new Jawbone Up2 band (in Oat Spectrum). The one I had died, and was also quite a few models older. My new one just came in the mail today and I love it. I know Fitbits are quite a bit more popular, but I’ve always been partial to the style of Jawbone bands, now more than ever. (Jawbone)
6. It’s the Year of the Monkey, but what does your Chinese zodiac sign say about you? Here’s a quick look. (USA Today)
7. A very clever friend of mine started a new company for Power Toothpaste. It’s caffeinated toothpaste. How smart is that? You can learn more about it on their Indiegogo campaign here. (Power Toothpaste)
8. What are you Valentine’s Day plans? Brian and I are going to Waffle House and we couldn’t be more excited about it. He’s lucky I’m a cheap date. (Waffle House)
Before I let this special day escape me, I want to wish you all a very Happy Chinese New Year! If you haven’t yet had your lucky dumplings or longevity noodles, I hope you make a call to your local chinese-deliver spot soon, because the Year of the Monkey and the witty, lovable babies it supposedly produces are cause for great celebration. As my people say, 猴年吉祥 (hóunián jíxiáng)! Good luck this Monkey year!
P.S. This time of year, I like to give myself a second chance at my New Year’s resolutions, one of the many benefits of being Chinese.
Hi, fellow Broncos fans! I’m back with my third annual Super Bowl Bingo cards, and hope you’ll use them to join me in a competitive game of commercial/football watching this Sunday – as we all cheer on Peyton Manning, of course.
As always, these cards always take me a heck of a lot of time to make, but the fun they bring to even the least avid football fan (that would still be me) makes it all worth it. So if you’d like to make your viewing party a little more interesting, click here to download the free printable bingo cards and raise the stakes on Sunday night.
To play: Print out the cards (20 total on 10 sheets), cut them out, share them amongst your friends and watch the Super Bowl. The game officially begins at kickoff with the “Free Space” box in the middle to help get you started. Mark a box each time you see the play, shot or commercial listed. The first person to mark off five in a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) wins!
If I made these right, a winner shouldn’t be crowned too early into the game. I’d love your feedback though, so please report back and let me know how your game of game-day bingo went. Best of luck to you! And please spread the word about these. They’re too fun not to share.
P.S. Special thanks as always to Brian for handling the football mumbo jumbo. You’d think that after several years of making these, I’d start to have a clue, but that’s definitely not the case.
Bonjour, mes amis! I’m finally able to share the second and final video from our Italy-Paris honeymoon from back in August (August! – doesn’t that feel like a lifetime ago?).
Anyway, this was my third trip to Paris, Brian’s second, but our first time there together. It will certainly not be the last. While the focus of our honeymoon was Italy (10 nights, versus the finally 3 in Paris), the City of Love sure did upstage things. We’d both done all the main tourist attractions before, and yet the beauty, culture and all of the feels left us feeling like we could never get enough. This planet of ours is a big one with a lot of worthy places to visit, but if you told me I had to limit my travels to Paris and only Paris for the rest of my life, I wouldn’t be mad.
This video captures some of the highlights from our too-quick visit, including our first-and-also-not-last visit to Disneyland Paris (the Ratatouille ride is amazing and Brian talked about it for days). Would it be terribly American and uncultured of me to say that that was our favorite part? Because it kinda was. I have no idea when we’ll make our way back there, so until we do, this guy will have to tide us over.
Music: “Paris” by Magic Man
Check our Honeymoon Part 1: Italy if you haven’t already.