I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t care for eggnog. It’s just. so. weird. Whipped eggs in spiced, sweet milk & cream? Ugh. And yet, it’s so quintessentially Christmas that I always feel a little bad that I don’t include it in my holiday-food routine. Well, guess what. Always is in for a surprise, because I’ve found an eggnog drink that works for me and it’s called eggnog white hot chocolate. Thirsty Thurday’s back with a vengeance.
Eggnog white hot chocolate I can get behind, because the addition of milk and white chocolate chips dilute some of that weirdness that I don’t like, and it’s warm. I need all the warmth I can get this time of year. I need easy too and this concoction is all about easy.
Combine 2 cups light eggnog with 2 cups milk and 1 cup white chocolate chips in saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until chocolate has melted and ingredients have combined together. Top with whipped cream and marshmallows. And while you’re at it, add sprinkles too.
This was a really easy and fun recipe to put together. Diluted eggnog white hot chocolate is the way to be. I highly recommend it to any other abstainers out there. There’s hope for us yet.
- 2 cups light eggnog
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
- sprinkles & mashmallows (also optional, but highly recommended)
- In a medium saucepan, combine eggnog, milk, chocolate chips and heat to a simmer until chocolate chips have melted.
- Make sure not to boil.
- Ladle into mugs. Top with whipped cream, sprinkles and marshmallows