I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here are some of my latest desires and distractions.
1. I have a truly pitiful number of Twitter followers, so I’ll take all the help I can get. Thank you Buzzfeed for once again coming to the rescue with your 21 Social Media Tips. (BuzzFeed)
2. This shirt. My love for french-phrase clothing needs to cool it. J’ai un problème. (Madewell)
3. All little girls and not-so-little girls dream of one day being featured in the New York Times Weddings section. Turns out, there’s a science to getting your announcement published, and you can gauge your odds with this hilarious and informative read. My own are pretty low, because I’m not a Kennedy and didn’t graduate from Harvard, but there is this: “A Jewish groom and an Asian bride: +2.” (Grantland)
4. I love blogging and have told many a friend, “blogging is the answer to all of our problems.” The statements has typically been followed with me gifting them a copy of this book. That was back when I first started this blog. Since then, I’ve come to learn how much work is required to keep a blog going, and it isn’t for everyone. I especially liked reading Meg’s take on it all. She makes her living consulting and advising bloggers, and even she will talk people out of it. Blogging is not for the faint of heart, but it certainly is for mine. (The B Bar)
5. With that said, here’s someone who’s doing it right: Supal of chevrons & éclairs. Thanks to Monica for the introduction.
6. I was surprised to learn that more people don’t know about Car 2 Go, so go check it out here. I have no use for it in DC, but Brian and I will be trying out the revolutionary car-rental service when we visit Portland, Seattle and Vancouver in September. (Car 2 Go)
7. I’ve been doing it all wrong and am guilty of all six of these biggest mascara mistakes. Some day, I will grow up, become a lady and learn how to do my makeup. Today is not that day. (Redbook)
8. These have everything I look for in a sandal: flat, nude, gold and a reasonable price tag. But first, I desperately need a pedicure. The expensive kind. (Piperlime)