I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here are my latest desires and distractions.
1. How cool is this million-dollar foldable apartment? My apartment, also 400-square feet, does not fold out like a Swiss Army knife. (CNN)
2. This so speaks to me. 21 Fortune Cookies You Actually Need Right Now. (BuzzFeed)
3. Right about now is when my annual sunscreen obsession kicks in. I’d like one of each of these please. (Refinery29)
4. San Francisco has the most eateries per capita, DC has the highest population of never married people, and all kinds of other interesting info in Bloomberg’s Best (and Worst). (Bloomberg)
5. A few days ago, the Social Security Administration released its list of top baby boy and girl names in 2013, and Noah and Sophia each claimed their respective number-one spots. I don’t know about you, but I always get a little disappointed when I see names that I like on there, because you wouldn’t want your daughter to be one of five Olivias in her class. To help you avoid such situations, Time offers a great Baby Name Predictor to help you gauge the rise and fall of a name’s popularity over the next 25 years. (Time)
6. If you’re ever looking for some inspiration or a quick pick-me-up, you should check out Be Bold. Be Beautiful. Be Benevolent. It’s the newest addition to my daily blog reads. I had the pleasure of meeting Hannah, the girl behind the tumblr, last week. Both she and her blog are charming and lovely.
7. Fox announced its Fall 2014 lineup and it includes Gotham, a Batman prequel that I’ll definitely be getting into. I’ve always had a big crush on Bruce Wayne, the same goes for Benjamin McKenzie. (YouTube)
8. And finally, a special shout-out to Melissa of Jelly Design Studio. I enlisted her services to make some updates to my blog and I have nothing but great things to say about her. Do give her a try if you need any help with web design. She keeps a pretty blog of her own too. (Jelly Design Studio)