I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here are some of my latest desires and distractions.
1. Oh Joy! for Target strikes again with a great line of holiday-themed products for darling entertaining. I want one of everything. (Target)
2. Since I haven’t been in my early 20s for a couple of years now, I thought the hostel ship had long sailed. These expertly-designed hot hostels have me rethinking my ruling them out. Too bad, Brian, now in his early 30s, won’t agree no matter how stylish. (Conde Nast Traveller)
3. Angry breakup songsare the best, aren’t they? Here’s a round-up of the best “lady-revenge music videos,” a list inspired by Taylor Swift’s fabulous Blank Space video. (Glamour)
4. Speaking of breakups, this still legally married couple’s story on how they “uncoupled” really irks me out. I blame Gwyneth. (Good Housekeeping)
5. My Target-purchased snow boots have served me well for several years, but it might be time for an upgrade. I love the look of these Sperry Top-Sider for J.Crew Shearwater Buckle Boots.
6. The ponytail is something I still struggle with. I’m willing to give these fancier versions a try, but I’m still not convinced I’ll ever look good in one. (Elle)
7. Holiday gift-brainstorming is in full swing around these parts. To help me with my planning, I love consulting store gift guides. They’re always so festive and well-curated and really get me in the gift-giving spirit. C. Wonder’s got a great one, and I particularly love this heart knot earring box. From experience, I know that they have great gift boxes, so no wrapping required. (C. Wonder)
8. For a good laugh at mostly serious anchorman Anderson Cooper, you’ll want to watch this. Major kudos to his coworkers. And not washing expensive jeans is a thing? Really? Suddenly, I’m relieved name-brand jeans isn’t one of my burdens. (YouTube)