I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here are just some of my many current distractions.
1. I follow most of the “it” girls on Instagram, and one thing I’ve learned is that they’re all either friends or frenemies, and it’s all quite fascinating. Turns out, I’m not the only one and here’s a handy dandy Celebrity Friend Guide to help you keep everything straight. (Refinery29)
2. You know how I love my matcha, so you can imagine my excitement when both Mashable and the Huffington Post included my Green Tea Sugar Cookies in their roundups of great matcha desserts. I can’t wait to try out the others and am so happy this matcha mania is finally going mainstream.
3. One of my silly mottos is “New city, new keychain.” It’s a fun and easy change to mark a special occasion. Well, after a few weeks of searching, I finally found the one and my new white (to match my car!) tassel keychain is on its way to me. (Banana Republic)
4. Also new, my Hello Kitty license plate frame! I love it so much, but am still waiting for my actual plate to come in, so Hello Kitty will have to wait a little while longer. Brian was so disappointed when I purchased it, because he insists that I’m an adult with an adult car, but I’ve got to be true to me, you know? Plus it’s definitely the most subtle of the options. And besides, if he can have Cleveland Browns on his car (let’s be real – a team that’s far from serious), surely I can have Hello Kitty on mine. (Amazon)
5. Well it’s official, Hillary Clinton is running for President. There are a lot of candidate profiles out there, but this one is my favorite. (The Onion)
6. In case you’ve been living under a rock, here’s HRC’s announcement video. I love it and have rewatched it more times than I’d like to admit. The vignettes at the top are so nice and really make me proud to be an American. (YouTube)
7. All of that said, I’m not a fan of her campaign logo, and professional designers seem to be feel the same way. (Vox)
8. Speaking of H logos, I’ve been on Brian’s case to read the Harry Potter books. Can you believe the poor guy hasn’t read them? Tragic. Anyway, reading the series is now a prerequisite for marriage, and because I can’t let him be the only one having all the fun, I’m rereading the books too! After Gryffindor, I always thought I’d be in Ravenclaw, but according to this quiz, I’m more Hufflepuff! I don’t want to believe it, but you know how scientific these quizzes are. (BuzzFeed)