Remember last Thursday’s impossibly easy slow-cooker Pasta e Fagioli? Well, these here cheesy, crunchy Fried Ravioli go great with the stuff. And like the soup, fried ravioli are all eat with none of the sw- that usually precedes it.
There are few things that I love more than Fryday recipes, but halfway homemade Frydays would have to be one of them. Use store-bought ravioli and this stuff will come together in no time. Let’s get to it.
Cast of characters: store-bought ravioli (I used four cheese), milk, Italian bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, marinara sauce and oil for frying.
One at a time, dip each piece of ravioli first in the milk, then coat in the seasoned breadcrumbs mixture.
Fry ravioli in batches until golden.
While still hot, sprinkle with both shredded and grated parmesan cheese. One of the two would do too, but I subscribe to the belief that two is better than one.
Serve with marinara sauce. And that’s it!
This stuff is great, and you shouldn’t have to stretch your brain too far to imagine that. They’re everything you love about cheesy fried ravioli, except crispy and even better.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Tomorrow, Brian and I head to our lovely Lake Anna to pay his beloved aunt and uncle a visit. Some heavy homeworking will need to be involved as well, but we don’t have to worry about that just yet. TGIFryday.
- 1 package ravioli
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- oil for frying
- shredded Parmesan
- grated Parmesan
- Transfer milk into a shallow dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- To coat each ravioli, dip first in the milk, then dip and coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat about one inch of oil in a frying pan or cast iron skillet. Oil is hot enough when a dash of flour in the oil sizzles and spits back.
- Fry raviolis in batches until golden.
- Remove raviolis from the frying oil and set aside on a paper-towel lined plate to drain
- Sprinkle with shredded and grated Parmesan cheese while still hot.
- Enjoy with marinara sauce.