Happy 2014! I hope you rang in the New Year in style, because I certainly didn’t. I spent mine with my parents and their friends, something I hadn’t done in years. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but the house we were at had only Chinese television. I couldn’t even watch Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve! Can you imagine? I love my parents, but they’ll need to count me out of their plans next time. Sorry, guys.
Anyway, yesterday’s events are so last year, so let’s look ahead. To spare myself the embarrassment of listing all of the things I hope to do in the New Year, because let’s face it, I probably won’t make it to the gym 3 times a week (or at all), I’m sharing what I know I’ll actually accomplish. It’s a much better looking list this way.
In 2014, I will…
- share a ton more recipes and pictures on this beloved blog of mine.
- have straighter teeth thanks to Invisalign.
- travel to Barcelona in just seven weeks (!!!) to visit with Erin and eat my weight in tapas.
- make a mandatory springtime pilgrimage to beautiful New York, New York.
- attend a Cleveland wedding in early May.
- welcome my dear grandfather to DC, assuming he can get a visa.
- graduate from business school on May 16th #hallefreakinglujah.
- party with 13-year-olds in Chicago over Memorial-Day weekend at my first ever bat mitzvah.
- cry my eyes out and dance my butt off at a friend’s DC wedding in early September.
- take an epic cross-border west-coast road trip in late September that will start in San Francisco and end in Vancouver, with a stop in Seattle for another friend’s wedding. I love weddings.
- spend several weekends on our beloved Lake Anna.
- celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in Colorado. No more of this working the day after Thanksgiving nonsense.
- make sure I ring in the next New Year with Brian. I’m not missing out on that all-important midnight kiss again.
Only one day in, and 2014 is already shaping up to be a great year.
Wishing you the same! Back to DC I go.