I originally intended to post this video yesterday, but some security measures kicked in preventing me from logging on. I guess I’m not the only one trying to blog over here more. Hackers, gotta love them. Anyway, Brian and I are now happily at home in Colorado with my parents and brother, and are headed up to the mountains where we’ll be spending the next few days.
In the spirit of the holidays and time with family, here’s a look at when mine came to visit us in Atlanta. The video offers a few glimpses of our house as well if you’d like to take a look. Let me just say it’s still a work in progress, so please be kind with your judgment.
Logging off for the rest of this week. Wishing you and yours a wonderful next few days no matter if you celebrate with Christmas ham or Chinese takeout.
I hope this Tuesday finds you well. I’m just happy to be blogging two days in a row (progress!). Here are some of my current desires and distractions.
1. My long-awaited desk arrived last week, and my home office is finally coming together. I’ll have pictures to share soon (think pink, white and gold), but until then, here’s a look at the very cliche/trendy things on every style blogger’s desk, and I’m already guilty of nearly all of them. (Stylecaster)
2. We’ve gone (and by “we,” I really mean “me, myself and I”) with white bedding for three of the four beds in our house. I love a good white bed, so this video on how to make one really hit home for me. (West Elm)
3. If you’re still looking for a last-minute gift idea, consider getting Taste: The Infographic Book of Food. I’ll be gifting myself a copy very soon. (Amazon)
4. Instagram-foll0w recommendation: @drakeoncake by the oh so talented and hilarious Joy of Joy the Baker fame. (Instagram)
5. 9 words (or non-words) that you won’t want to get wrong. I let out a huge sigh of relief when I made my way down the list and found that I’m not guilty of committing any of these verbal faux pas. (Inc.)
6. I got so excited when I found these holiday stovetop simmer recipes and can’t wait to try them out later this week. (A Beautiful Mess)
7. Pumpkin-seed recipes were the most frequently googled recipes of 2015. You can find the full list here, and I’m now craving them all. (My Domaine)
8. Nothing will ever match the awesomeness that was the entire Friends series becoming available on Netflix streaming, but here’s a look at the new releases anyway. (Refinery29)
So, uh, remember me? I’m here today trying to resurrect this blog for the umpteenth time, because as much as it may look like I’ve given up on this thing, I really do miss it and love it and want to give it another go. You can probably guess that blogging ranks very high on my list of 2016 resolutions (I can’t believe we’re just days away from the new year), so this is me hoping for a head start.
Much better and lengthier updates to come, but very quickly: home ownership is no joke, work has been a whirlwind, eight months later and it finally feels like we’re starting to get familiar with our new city, and I think I’m finally removed enough from our wedding to start attempting the act of making a photo album. Oh and I’ve gained 15 pounds since saying “I do,” so the next D-word I need to start learning ends in -iet (resolution #1). This should all bode very well for me as I start up my food blog again. Wish me luck and I hope to see you back here tomorrow!
P.S. My sincere apologies to anyone I’ve disappointed these past many weeks (too many). I wouldn’t dare think myself important enough to hold your interest or deserve your loyalty, but if you did happen upon this dormant little corner of the internet only to be let down by my failure to keep this thing running, I’m so very sorry. I hope to make it up to you and me both. Blogging is too fun not to try and I so appreciate you stopping in to check on me. xoxo – Yang
You know what, just as I was about to start typing away about some of our new bedroom furniture, it occurred to me that I’ve yet to share an actual picture of our new/first home. So here it is! Moving from a 1-bedroom apartment to a 5-bedroom house means progress is very slow-going around these parts. Decisions still need to be made on paint colors (so hard!), fixtures, new kitchen tile and 90% of our furniture, but one thing’s for certain – we love the place. It’s nowhere close to perfect, but now that we’re here, I can’t imagine living anywhere else. I’ll need a few more weeks/months before I’m ready to share any updates or room reveals, but we’re taking a big step in that direction today, with painters coming by to start some prep work for us this morning. The previous owners made some very questionable room-color choices, so Brian and I are very much looking forward to treating the house to some desperately needed TLC. It’s in good hands with us.
That’s all from me today, and hooray to working computers!
Hi friends! So, my computer is experiencing some problems (let’s just say I’m not very gentle and an aggressive clicker, and it’s taken it’s toll), and it’s in the repair shop getting some TLC. It just so happens that it chose to crap out on me when I’ve been feeling my most distracted and busy with house and work-related projects, so it’s probably for the better. This means, I’m taking a bit of a pause the rest of this week, but will be back at it with a like-new computer come Monday.
I hope the rest of your week and weekend look promising.
I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here’s some of the stuff keeping me good and distracted. I thought it a better use of my time late last night to put this list together than to practice for the big panel I’m moderating today. Priorities.
1. Brian and I are still working out the division of labor in the house, but dishwashing is something we established very early on. I swear he does a bad job on purpose, because it’s left me no choice but to be the dishwasher in our family. Good thing there are some supposed health benefits, too. Something about soap studs. (Real Simple)
2. Speaking of soap, I picked up this hand soap and lotion duo from Anthropologie for our powder room. I love it. (Anthropologie)
3. Emily Henderson, the queen of room furnishings, shared a look at her newly styled basement guestroom and a really impressive job of dying her bed a new color. Personally, I prefer the look of her old room, but I’m always really impressed by her styling talents. (Emily Henderson)
4. Bravo’s Ladies of London is my favorite guilty pleasure. Basically, I want to be Caroline Stanbury, and it appears I’m not alone. (BuzzFeed)
5. Caroline would not approve of IKEA furniture, but maybe even she would appreciate these few times IKEA looked deceptively unlike IKEA. (My Domaine)
6. Have you had Talenti gelato? I’m a huge fan, and an even bigger fan now that I’ve discovered their Caramel Apple Pie flavor. It has all the stuff you’d expect (caramel and apples), but, get this, there are bits of flaky pie crust too! I can’t handle this. (Talenti)
7. Chefs share their tips for great pasta. This is one of the best, most helpful, most eye-opening things I’ve ever read. Seriously. (Epicurious)
8. An explanation for why Hollywood did so much breaking up this past summer. I’m also still hoping Ben and Jen get back together. For the kids, you know? (New York Times)