I don’t drink coffee. I used to be all about it, but got over it when I turned 13 (early bloomer). I don’t miss it one bit and have plenty of other vices (cheetos, pizza and more pizza), but have always felt a little left out whenever pumpkin-spice-latte season rolls around.
Well, guess what, gone are the feelings of neglect, because now I too can enjoy in the flavors of fall in a cup with this here recipe for pumpkin spice hot chocolate. Proud member of the PS club since 2013.
Need something to do with that leftover pumpkin filling? Here’s your answer.
Pumpkin spice hot chocolate is so easy and tasty, it’ll change your life. 100% of coffee drinkers polled agree (Brian). So the next time you’re craving some pumpkin spice something, skip the coffee shop and give this a try. It’s good stuff and you can top it with all the mini marshmallows, whipped cream and caramel sauce you like. Starbucks won’t let you do that.
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix (no marshmallows)
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream, marshmallows, caramel sauce optional
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together milk and hot cocoa mix.
- Once combined, add in canned pumpkin, vanilla, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and cook until your hot chocolate is hot enough to your liking.
- Turn off heat and pour into glasses. Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, caramel sauce, cinnamon or whatever else. Enjoy!