This week’s “Recipe Reciprocity” is strikingly starchy, as it should be. I don’t know about you, but pumpkin, butternut squash and potato dishes are what consume my every craving this time of year. Those cravings are now through the roof thanks to these fellow food bloggers and their standout recipes.
1. “Naturally Ella” has got a great fall twist on everyone’s favorite macaroni and cheese. Make it with pumpkin! I can see this being something I’d do to sneak vegetables into my kids’ meals. But I’m getting ahead of myself, and should just focus on my own.
2. What could be better than hot tea and a muffin for breakfast? How about a tea-flavored muffin! And I’ve got just the one for you – chai-spiced pumpkin oatmeal muffins with a vanilla cream glaze by “Ambitious Kitchen.” I mean, really.
3. Enchiladas are my favorite Mexican food to make at home. I’m a meat eater, but prefer my south-of-the-border food vegetarian. I’ve been looking for something a little more exciting than my usual spinach and cheese filling, and I know I’ve found it with this recipe for butternut squash mushroom enchiladas by “Pinch of Yum.”
4. Brûléed pumpkin pie, everything about you makes perfect sense. Classic pumpkin pie with the crackly, caramelized, scorched crème brûlée top that we all know and love. You never cease to amaze me, Nicole from “Baking Bites.” I mean that.
5. Everything tastes greater and more comforting when baked in a casserole, even the already great and comforting classic loaded baked potato. This casserole by “Diethood” will be my +1 to the next dinner party.
Great job, ladies!