With just one class left (and a presentation and a test and lots of reading, but I try not to think about that), I can’t wait to spend more time in the kitchen. I have big plans for my life post-grad school and these five recipes are high on my list of priorities.
1. I’ve been dreaming of ice cream and brownies. Leanne Bakes read my mind with her Individual Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae Cups.
2. Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious has quickly become one of my favorite food bloggers. Her instagram account is so full of great #recipecomingsoon posts that I really don’t know how she does it. That girl is a cooking machine. More recently, she shared a recipe for copycat Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls (my favorite!), but today, I thought I’d spotlight her Baked Parmesan Mushrooms. Mushrooms, parmesan, thyme and lemon come together beautifully in no time (read: easy).
3. I love me some quiche and have been meaning to share a recipe of my own. Until then, I’m lusting after Sippity Sup’s Kale and Shallot Mini Quiche and am on the prowl for a dinner party to bring these to. Someone invite me, please. Not only does the recipe look lovely, but I like what Greg had to say about the difference between bakers and cooks. I’m definitely a baker. On quiche, Greg writes, “it’s easy to see that quiche is for bakers who love to cook and cooks who love to bake.” Spot on.
4. Shared Appetite’s Baked Brown Butter Churro Donuts. Ohmygosh. Enough said.
5. One more brownie recipe for you. Can you tell I’m craving brownies? Nikki of Cupcakes for Breakfast takes the usual chocolate squares and elevates them to a whole ‘nother level. Introducing: Brownies with Salted Fudge and Pistachios.
That’ll do it for this week’s hat tip to my fellow bloggers. Thanks, ladies!