Do you notice a theme to today’s Recipe Reciprocity? I ask, because I didn’t realize I was only saving lasagna recipes until I was already three recipes in. What can I say? I think with my belly, and lasagna is some of its favorite stuff. Here are five standouts from across the food blogosphere.
1. As I’ve said, I’m newly obsessed with Supal’s blog Chevons and Eclairs, and love it even more now that she’s shared a beautiful recipe for pasta-less Roasted Aubergine Lasagna with Mushroom Bolognese. Aubergine is eggplant in French, yet more proof that Supal gets me.
2. Mexican and italian are my favorite cuisines, so my eyes just about popped out of my head when I came across The Girl Who Ate Everything’s Taco Lasagna. Delicioso! Delizioso!
3. Here’s another untraditional one for you: Life as a Strawberry’s better-for-you Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna. She swaps out the tomato sauce, beef and ricotta (never been a fan) for a creamy-garlic, chicken and parmesan filling. Yum.
4. May isn’t quite soup season, but with the rain we’ve had, I’ve been wanting it for every meal this week. Kim’s Healthy Eats‘ Lasagna Soup is exactly what I need.
5. And finally, one of the biggest things keeping me from making lasagna more often is the whole big-pan-oven thing that usually comes with it. Turns out, you can make lasagna in a skillet right on the stove! I did not know this, and I’m so much happier now that I do. Of all of the skillet lasagnas I found in my very excited search, Apple of My Eye’s looked the most delicious.
That’ll do it for this week’s hat tip to my fellow bloggers. Thanks, ladies!
And in case you were wondering, I’ll be skipping the Thirsty Thursday post this week, because (1) I couldn’t get my act together, and (2) I’ve had more than enough liquid in my life thanks to DC’s days and days of torrential downpours. Today’s rain should be the last of it. Thank goodness.