Today’s “Recipe Reciprocity” theme: last-minute Thanksgiving dishes that can double as post-Thanksgiving treats. Turkey Day fare should extend well into your weekend, and these standout dishes from my fellow food bloggers are ones worth trying. #Tryptophan
1. “Baking Bites” brought these loaded potato pinwheels into my life. They were the million-dollar winner of this year’s Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. That alone should be enough to get you to add them to your to-bake list, but in case it’s not, the recipe calls for only seven ingredients, two of which are mashed potatoes and Pillsbury Crescents dough. Convinced yet? Halfway homemade is the best way.
2. How adorable are these peanut-butter cup turkey cookies from “Bake at 350“? Wouldn’t they make a great day-of group cookie-decorating activity? I think so.
3. Still looking for a last-minute Thanksgiving side? How about some spicy roasted acorn squash? It looks and sounds like a big production, but “My Man’s Belly” has a great recipe that even the worst home-cooks can pull off.
4. Recipes that call for pumpkin puree never seem to require the full can. So what should you do with that little bit leftover? “A Cozy Kitchen” has a great solution with these here pumpkin pie milkshakes complete with pie crust crumbles.
5. And Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without a recipe from Martha Stewart. If you’re looking for something to do with your leftovers, try her pocket pies filled with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Try my fried mashed potatoes and stuffing balls too.
That’ll do for this Thanksgiving edition of my weekly hat tip to other bloggers. Nice job, ladies!
And of course, Happy Thanksgiving!