1. Currywurst, a delicacy described in my Berlin food guide, was good, but not my favorite. Something felt like it was missing. After seeing Masala Herb’s Spaghetti with Currywurst Sauce, I now know that that something is spaghetti.
2. I’m now a huge fan of Apple Strudel, not that I wasn’t before, but I like it so much now that I really want to make some of my own at home. Most of the recipes I’ve found look a bit intimidating, but this one from Kitchen Nostalgia with its storebought phyllo dough looks right up my alley.
3. I’m a huge fan of sauerkraut and love the original just as it is, but even I can see the appeal to brussels sprouts sauerkraut, and will be giving Jan’s Sushi Bar’s cleverly named Sprout Kraut a try.
4. Tastespotting’s Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Pretzel Grilled Cheese is all of my favorite German foods rolled into one genius dish.
5. After devouring a full serving of Shake Shack cheese fries last night (man, did I miss them), I told myself I had to lay off the potatoes for a while. And then, I stumbled upon Five Heart Home’s German Potato Salad and all of that went out the window.
That’ll do it for this week’s recipe inspiration. Thanks, ladies!