Summer cuisine is my absolute favorite. “Cuisine” is a bit of a stretch, because I really just mean hot dogs, hamburgers and ice cream, but whatever you want to call it, I love it. These here recipes from around the blogosphere are fun, fancy, and in some cases easy takes on the season’s best foods.
1. Deliciously Sprinkled’s S’mores Cups, because everything is better baked in a cupcake tin.
2. Tired of regular old hamburger sliders? Yeah, me neither. I’ll love them forever. Still, how about Just a Taste’s Eggplant Parm Sliders?
3. A hamburger isn’t a hamburger without pickles. Pickling intimidates me, but Smitten Kitchen has a recipe for what she calls the Easiest Fridge Dill Pickles. She might be right and I might have to try them for myself.
4. I’ve been thinking about hot dogs like it’s my job. My mind’s been working overtime lusting after Macheesmo’s Pretzel-Woven Hot Dogs. I still can’t stop. Genius.
5. Also genius, A Beautiful Mess’s Easiest Ever Ice Cream Cake. Two of the layers are made with ice cream sandwiches. How smart and efficient is that?
That’ll do it for this week’s hat tip to my fellow food bloggers. Thanks, ladies!