I fly home to Denver a lot, way more than I should. Four times since Christmas with a fifth coming up over Labor Day. I guess I just really love my parents. They also do a great job of spoiling me, so that helps. This last time around, one of the highlights was a great big feast of Dungeness crabs that my dad said he got for me, but if we’re going to be completely honest with ourselves, were really for him and I was just his convenient excuse. Anyway, I’ve had crab and these crazy-good-looking recipes on my mind ever since.
1. I love a good crab and cream cheese wonton (you can check out my recipe here), but have to keep consumption at a minimum given that they’re way fried and not the healthiest. Thankfully, Crème de la Crumb has a healthier baked version, and with avocados too.
2. Sriracha was recently added to our work pantry, and life hasn’t been the same since. I now eat the stuff with a side of steamed broccoli (also new to the office) Monday through Friday. Obsessed doesn’t cover it. And unadulterated love doesn’t cover my feelings for Hapa Nom-Nom’s Crab Cakes with Sriracha Aioli.
3. Perpetually Hungry’s Crab Macaroni and Cheese with mozzarella, cheddar, Old Bay and bacon (!) is what dreams are made of.
4. The only thing better than traditional artichoke dip is Crab Artichoke Dip. Damn Delicious has one of the better and more straight-forward recipes that I’ve seen. She’s a good one.
5. More Sriracha love for The Law Student’s Wife’s Sriracha Crab Salad Rolls.
That’ll do it for this week’s hat tip to my fellow bloggers. Great job, everyone! Also, there’s a Haitian proverb that goes something like, “The crab that walks too far falls into the pot.” I don’t know what that means, I just know that I want the pot to be mine.