When Brian and I were in Atlanta, we counted the Watershed, Buckhead Diner and Alpharetta Cheesecake Factory (no shame) among our dining experiences. While at the Buckhead Diner, a classy diner with waiters in white jackets and valet parking, we each tried a different version of eggs benedict and inhaled their cheesy tomato and scallions grits. The grits were amazing, and I’ve had the southern staple on my mind ever since, namely these recipes from my fellow food bloggers.
1. Shrimp and grits is perhaps my favorite way to eat grits, and The Little Kitchen’s Spicy Shrimp and Goat Cheese Grits look like they could be a new favorite.
2. New York’s The Smith restaurants make the best jalapeño cheddar grits I’ve ever had, so good that I’ve never considered making my own. That’s all changed thanks to Food Fanatic’s promising recipe.
3. When I think grits, I think cheesy and savory, never sweet. Not anymore. How great to Andrea’s Banana Maple Grits look? I’m now a sweet grits believer.
4. Brown Eyed Baker‘s Short Ribs and Cheesy Grits. Enough said.
5. Grits as hors d’oeuvres! Shrimp and Grits Squares by Climbing Grier Mountain. Genius!
That’ll do it for this week’s hat tip. Thanks for the great eats, ladies!