Let’s get right to it.
1. Today’s crustless themed Recipe Reciprocity was inspired by this Crustless Apple Pie by Emma of A Beautiful Mess. Now that I have a wedding to be worrying about (are you guys getting sick of me talking about my future, unplanned wedding yet? because it’s gonna be a long year), I need to find healthier, lower-carb ways of enjoying my favorite foods. Apples slow-cooked to perfection (minus the bourbon) with a side of ice cream sounds heavenly.
2. Quiche is the most obvious easily crustless food that comes to mind. Sure, the ham, cheese and onion in Carolyn’s recipe are bad enough that you probably wouldn’t miss the crust anyway, but still, baby steps.
3. It’s the same idea with these Mini Crustless Quiches by Good Life Eats, but these are actually better for you since they include superfoods broccoli and kale.
4. Now for more dessert. Crustless Cheesecake by Simply Fresh Cooking that boasts reduced-fat cream cheese and low-fat sour cream among its many healthier substitutes.
5. And finally, I love/hate to admit this, but pumpkin-dessert season is upon us. How about this Crustless Pumpkin Pie by Alida’s Kitchen? Yes please.
That’ll do it for this week’s hat tip to my fellow food bloggers. Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!