For someone who doesn’t drink, I sure do love a good bar, a food bar that is. So you can imagine my excitement any time a make-your-own-food bar pops up in my Pinterest wedding searches. Here are some of the ones I’m most excited about trying, and I don’t think I can wait until August.
1. If you were to force me to drink alcohol, you’d have the best luck with mimosas. I love the look of this DIY mimosa bar by Smarty Had a Party.
2. What’s Gaby Cooking’s bruschetta bar, isn’t it gorgeous? It feels many times more sophisticated than the usual cheese and crackers, but is just as easy to throw together. Definitely doing this for the next book-club gathering.
3. Donut holes that you can top and decorate to your heart’s content. I’m in love.
4. Hot dogs are definitely a summer food, but with all these great topping ideas from Pocket Change Gourmet, I see no reason why we wouldn’t eat them year round.
5. Perhaps my favorite of the bunch: Lauren’s Latest’s Apple Dipper Bar. I love caramel apples, but I find their size to be intimidating. I’d much rather do things Lauren’s way. Good thing I’m registering for plenty of ramekins.
That’ll do it for this week’s hat tip to my fellow food bloggers. Thanks for the great ideas, ladies!