Today’s “Recipe Reciprocity” theme: holiday parties. I have so so so many to plan treats for in the next few days that I want to go hide in a dark corner. But since I know that’s not an option. And who am I kidding? I live for this stuff. I’ve turned to these standout dishes from my fellow food bloggers for inspiration.
1. Sometimes a little bit of peppermint extract and food coloring are all you need to make it taste like the holidays. Case in point, these chocolate peppermint cupcakes from Glorious Treats.
2. I’ve never been that into eggnog. I suppose it’s because I don’t think eggs belong in my drink glass. But since I’ve been a lifelong practitioner of eggs in cookies, I have some very big plans for these eggnog cookies from I Heart Naptime.
3. How cute are these individual servings of pumpkin pie tiramisu in a cup? Jocelyn of Grandbaby Cakes has all sorts of grand pumpkin recipes that I’m itching to try.
4. Christy from The Girl Who Ate Everything has a great halfway-homemade chocolate eclair cake recipe that I’m sure I’ll be turning to as I start to feel holiday-party burnout. It looks both easy and delicious.
5. Last but not least, these red velvet crinkle cookies from Cooking Classy. Red cookies covered in snow-like powdered sugar. It really doesn’t get any more perfect for the holidays than that.
That’ll do for this edition of my weekly hat tip to other bloggers. Nice job, ladies!
As for the rest of you, get baking!