The theme of today’s Recipe Reciprocity is a rather obvious one. With so many Super Bowl friendly recipes to choose from (how can there be so many recipes for buffalo chicken dip?), the following five stood out above the rest.
1. Jalapeño poppers are a major weakness of mine (evidence here and here), but frying them up can be quite the hassle. Nothing says “easy” quite like a slow cooker, so I’m loving Show Me the Yummy’s ingenious idea for Jalapeño Popper White Chicken Chili made in, you guessed it, a slow cooker.
2. Buffalo wings are of course mandatory at any Super Bowl party, but sucking on bones and fingers isn’t the most flattering of things to do even if you are in the company of friends. To eliminate that problem, Jaymee of E is for Eat shared these great Buffalo Chicken Meatballs that you can serve and eat using a toothpick. Now that’s classy.
3. The same sentiment applies to Hip 2 Save’s Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders.
4. I’m a big believer that nearly everything tastes better with corn (savory dishes of course, although the rule applies to a few sweet things too), so this corn-heavy Cheesy Game Day Dip by Simply Happenstance is right up my alley.
5. And finally, no Super Bowl party would be complete without something shaped like a football. Hungry Happenings’ Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Bread Footballs wins for most adorable.
That’ll do it for this week’s game-day hat tip to my fellow food bloggers. Thanks for all the great eats, ladies!