Let me give you a little insight into my stomach and how it seems to have a mind of its own. So, when I sat down to find some recipes for this post, my first thought was, “What healthy dish can I make with the chicken breasts I want to use tomorrow?” Here’s how that panned out:
1. Sure there’s an abundance of healthy chicken recipes out there, but I somehow only had eyes for the really indulgent ones like Damn Delicious’s Cajun Chicken Pasta. Old habits die hard.
2. And because I was riding the pasta train, I thought to myself, “Hey! How about some gooey, cheesy lasagna?” Which brought me to this recipe from Pinch of Yum. At least there’s spinach?
3. But the lasagna is vegetarian, so naturally, that got me thinking about meat, which got me thinking about the great big pot of chili I made the other night, which then got me thinking, “Hmm, what can be better than chili?” The answer: The Weary Chef’s Chili Cornbread Pot Pie. Genius.
4. Which then led me to these Chicken Pot Pie Potato Skins by Whole & Heavenly Oven. I mean, how perfect?
5. So that’s how my mind works. And because I couldn’t bear to be a complete healthy-eating failure, here’s a recipe for Apple, White Cheddar & Spinach Salad with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette by Averie Cooks.
As always, a big hat tip to my fellow food bloggers. Thanks for the great inspiration, ladies!