Now that Christmas has come and gone, it’s time to start thinking about how we want to ring in the new year. I have no idea what to wear, but have plenty of inspiration for what I hope to make and eat, all thanks to these recipes from fellow food bloggers.
1. Champagne cupcakes with champagne buttercream from The Curvy Carrot. Enough said.
2. One of my resolutions for 2014 is to not sweat the small stuff so much, especially when it comes to making food for a crowd. As much as I go on about doing things the halfway-homemade way, I still favor the completely from-scratch method, and often bite off more than I can chew. I’ve just got to remember that shortcuts were created for a reason, and these pretty Strawberry Brownie Kabobs from the Sweet Tooth are an excellent reminder that good treats are the greatest when they involve little prep time.
3. This one isn’t a recipe, but I had to share it. It wouldn’t be New Year’s Eve without lots of shine and sparkle. This easy DIY for streamer dessert toppers by A Subtle Revelry is exactly what you should be working on to welcome 2014 in style.
4. A friend recently mentioned she wanted to throw a ball-themed party, but didn’t know when would be a good time for a night of cheese balls and cake balls. Um, hello? How about New Year’s Eve? It’s only like the ball-watching event of the year. And no ball drop would be complete without something like these southwest turkey meatballs from Skinnytaste. Auld Lang Yes.
5. Lastly, how about these champagne jello shots from The Stylist Quo? A+ for presentation. I won’t grade on taste, because I don’t personally care for champagne or jello shots, but I have every intention of making these. They’re that adorable.
That’ll do for this edition of my weekly hat tip to other bloggers. Nice job, ladies! 2014, we’re ready.