The New Year brings with it a new push for healthier eating. Not sure how long mine will last, but these fellow food sites served up plenty of better-for-you inspiration.
1. I have an on-again-off-again relationship with Weight Watchers. Current status: off, but on is just around the corner, I’m sure. And just like I keep renewing my membership to the ol’ WW, because it really does work, their Grilled Pork Arugala & Tomato Salad is a tried and true recipe that I keep coming back to.
2. I’m not a religious person, but if you told me God created spaghetti squash to help pasta-loving girls like myself go on diets, I’d believe you. I’ll be serving up Martha Stewart’s Quick Turkey Bolognese Spaghetti Squash sometime this week.
3. While I can’t quite dress like Shea Marie of Peace Love Shea (me in a crop top? yeah right), I can at least try to eat like she does. I’ve been eyeing her Skinny Asparagus Soup for quite a while now and it’s about time I put it to the test.
4. I’m naming 2014 the Year of the Blender. Mine has been sitting idle for too long and I need to get back to starting my mornings with nutritious smoothies. The ingredients for this Blueberry Kale Smoothie by Craving Greens are now on my grocery list.
5. I’ve gotten quite good at making cupcakes, or so I’m told. But how hard can that really be when you load them up with oil, eggs and sugar? The real challenge is learning to make them healthier and that’s one of the things I want to learn to do this year. These Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Avocado Frosting by Eat Yourself Skinny are a great place to start.
That’ll do for this edition of my weekly hat tip to other bloggers. Thanks for the healthy eats, ladies!