welcome!Fortune Goodies is a blog of food + fun with a taste for desserts + diversion. Written lovingly by its baker + blogger Yang Yang, a girl so nice they named her twice. More.
current location: atlanta
most fortunate posts
fortune goodies fortuneIf you bake it, they will come.
fortune goodies favorites
travel food guides
fortune goodies fun
the fine printCopyright 2013-2016, Fortune Goodies.
thanks for reading!
Tag Archives: fortune finds
This week’s installment for Fortune Finds strikes a good balance of East and West, kinda like Hong Kong. Without further ado, here are a few things tickling my fancy:
1. My top priority at the moment is finding a Hello Kitty iPhone case. I’ve always wanted one, but could never get away with it in DC. My plan now is to find one, let my freak flag fly and make the most of it these next few weeks.
2. S’mores snickerdoodles perfect for summer gatherings.
3. Feeling majorly homesick after seeing these pictures of the Washington Monument’s new look.
4. I am who I am thanks to Seinfeld.
5. I know nothing about yoga, but really want to get into it. This guide helps make some sense of it all.
6. Recipes to help me take my current bubble-tea addiction back home.
7. This documentary on online “privacy” looks both outstanding and frightening.
8. Looking forward to my trip to Hunan next week. How awesome do these mountains look?
T-minus one day until I takeoff for China. I already have plenty of things to keep me distracted, but why not add more to the list? Here you go:
1. These almost crochet Toms are also almost half the price.
2. My apartment is tiny and not very party friendly, but I would love to make pretty these pretty painted party cups.
3. One of the things I’m most looking forward to on my trip is a visit to Hong Kong Disney. Here’s a list of useful tips to make your Disney trip that much better.
4. How amazing does this panzanella look? Salad made with bread is my kind of salad.
5. I’ve been craving hot dogs lately. I want to try each one of these regional hot-dog styles.
6. As someone who commits the writer’s faux pas that is passive voice all too often. I’m happy to see the English language is changing for folks like me. Get pumped.
7. I can’t touch my toes. These flexibility tips should help with that.
8. I’m still a real dodo when it comes to real photography. This very basic guide is also very helpful.
A few current finds tickling my fancy:
1. These frozen treats are just what I need with the kind of weather we’ve been having.
2. I know it’s been out for a while now, but I still get incredibly giddy any time I watch the Anchorman 2 trailer.
3. I love everything about this outfit. My heart sank when I learned the shorts are already sold out.
4. Our President is quite the talented singer.
5. This list of now successful people who had it rough in their 20s brought me out of one of my i’m-so-behind-in-life funks.
6. Some good salt know-how.
7. A super handy infographic on healthy baking substitutes.
8. I’m dying to read Sophie Kinsella’s latest book, but am forcing myself not to start until I’m on the plane next week. Can’t wait!
I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Here’s another installment of Fortune Finds.
1. Yessss. Pictures from the new Girl Meets World.
2. In desperate need of a cake stand and I’ve been lusting after this one for a while now.
3. The fascinating fight over the memory of Anne Frank.
4. Delightful mix and match popsicles that I can’t wait to try my hand at.
5. I’m such a sucker for peter pan collars and therefore this top.
6. Who knew Leo had such great moves?
7. Loving Madewell’s summer collection, especially that one-piece.
8. In the mood for some homemade strawberry ice cream.
It’s really too bad this week and the next will be consumed by schoolwork, so most of these things will have to be on hold. Then again, God created online shopping for a reason.
When you’re at home with a cold, you find yourself spending a lot of time on the internet. Here are some of the discoveries that helped this sick girl feel better.
1. Hillary Clinton has officially joined Twitter. Her profile is about as good as it gets.
2. Father’s Day dinner recipes that I want to try on Dad this weekend, if he’ll let me.
3. I let out a very audible gasp when they played the Ender’s Game trailer at the theater. I’ve been waiting for the movie adaptation since the 8th grade.
4. The year is only half over and my vacation days are already all accounted for. Luckily, the New York Times has a solution for that and offers plenty of weekend getaway ideas in this travel book.
5. I’m always looking for new bakeware (that I don’t actually need), and I’m always finding things I love from West Elm.
6. My biggest clothing need this summer is dresses. This one by Lauren Conrad really caught my eye. It’s not available yet, so I’ve been obsessively checking the Kohl’s website. Who does that?
7. A must-read on life after Newtown.
8. Real Simple put together a great list of new cookbooks just in time for summer. This Bakeless Sweets book sounds perfect for those too-hot-for-the-oven days.