welcome!Fortune Goodies is a blog of food + fun with a taste for desserts + diversion. Written lovingly by its baker + blogger Yang Yang, a girl so nice they named her twice. More.
current location: atlanta
most fortunate posts
fortune goodies fortuneA pleasant surprise is waiting for you.
fortune goodies favorites
travel food guides
fortune goodies fun
the fine printCopyright 2013-2016, Fortune Goodies.
thanks for reading!
Tag Archives: lists
I thought this Friday would never come, and yet here we are. Thank goodness.
One of the perks of my job is that I get to work from home on Fridays. Atlanta traffic is no joke, and the teleworking culture is alive and well here. On Fridays, I get to sleep in a little later, fit in a late morning workout class in a neighboring town, all while maintaining productivity (for the most part) as I finish up the week’s work. The point of this little detail is that I thought I’d use today’s work-from-home status to share a little glimpse into our house, specifically our kitchen.
But before we get to that, I want to talk about some of my favorite appliances and tools that make the kitchen feel more like home. As you can see from the graphic above, I have a big thing for all things white. White kitchens are all the rage, but if you’re a diehard fan of the color (or lack of color) like me, you’ll know that finding accessories to match can be a challenge. Consider this my attempt to help you take some of the guesswork out of it. My white-on-white kitchen essentials include:
- Vitamix 7500 Blender – Our (my) beloved white Vitamix was the wedding gift I was most excited about getting. After all, these things aren’t cheap and a top-of-the-line blender is one of those outrageous appliances you’d never in your right mind buy for yourself. While Brian would have so preferred if we hadn’t registered for it (he prefers cash), we made a deal that the wedding registry would be my one opportunity to get one, so best of luck to me. Thankfully, the gift gods were being kind and I got my wish.
- Le Creuset 5½ Qt. French Oven – It makes absolutely no sense that I get as much joy as I do from a pot, but I do. Not only do I use it almost everyday, but it’s so pretty that I keep it in its dedicated spot on the stove at all times for all to see. It’s beautiful.
- Keurig K450 2.0 – Our white Keurig is the appliance we get the most comments about, probably because it’s the most unusual and uncommon to see. Standard black Keurigs make me think of sad office break rooms. And while I myself don’t drink coffee or get much use out of ours, I sure do love looking at it.
- Williams Sonoma Stainless Steel Silicone Tool Set – Hands down the best and prettiest kitchen tools available. Also sold in red and grey if that’s more your style.
- Kitchenaid 7-cup Food Processor – No grown-up kitchen is complete without a food processor, and this Kitchenaid model is one I recommend. It does a great job, and as far as food processors go, is pretty easy on the eyes. I’ve owned this one for quite a few years now, well before my white-kitchen dreams were ever a thing. I’m happy this faithful old friend still fits in so nicely now.
- Simplehuman Automatic Soap Pump – I picked up this soap dispenser on one of my always life-changing visits to the Container Store. My hands are always covered in one thing or another when I’m in the kitchen, so the convenience of a touchless soap pump really appealed to me. The fact that it came in white is what sold me on it.
- Williams Sonoma Square Ceramic Canisters – These canisters are the newest additions to our counters. They were backordered for so long that it was a big surprise when they finally arrived at our door last week. They’re a bit on the bigger side, but because the ceramic matches so perfectly with our white subway tiles, the canisters blend in with the backsplash and don’t look cluttered. I couldn’t be happier with them!
Not pictured – our white Crate & Barrel Avondale kitchen table. It’s a classic and it extends too!
And with that, a snapshot of our actual kitchen below, where some of the above items are on display.