For this week’s throwback, we’re talking donuts, also known as doughnuts to you fancy people. Donuts are my weakness, and depending on how you look at it, it’s either very lucky or sad that the Krispy Kreme store sits on the opposite side of Dupont Circle, just far enough that I rarely make my way there.
This next part is sad and that’s really the only one way of looking it. Can you believe that I’ve only made these amazingly easy chocolatey mini donuts once? as in not over and over again? I don’t want you to, but it’s true. I’m not sure what I was thinking.
I remember these took all of 20 minutes from beginning to end. I’ll be righting this wrong soon. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease mini donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the center of the mixture drop in egg, yogurt, milk and oil. Whisk until combined.
- Now take your batter and fill greased donuts pan, about half full.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes. Remove once toothpick comes out clean and let your mini donuts cool on a wire rack.
- Heat heavy cream in a small pot. Once it begins to boil, remove from the stove. Be careful not to let it boil over.
- Pour heavy cream into bowl of chopped chocolate. Stir and mix until chocolate is completely melted.
- Let ganache cool for a couple minutes. Once cooled, go ahead and dip the donuts right in there.
- And there you have it.