Hi there. First of all, let me apologize for being MIA most of last week. Working in Hershey, PA was part of the reason (more on that and chocolate recipes later), but really I think it was because I needed some time to be mopey about Brian leaving me behind. After a few days to feel sorry for myself (I know, I know, get a grip, girl), I’m doing a lot better and plan on directing more of my energy right here. I haven’t been the most diligent poster as of late, so I’m very much looking forward to getting back in the game.
To the matter at hand. Now that I have a dress, it’s time to start thinking about accessories. I’m still completely lost when it comes to the veil, jewelry and sash, but shoes are something I understand. Wearing them everyday helps. That said, I’m an unfortunate flat-footed flats year-round kind of girl, but for the wedding, I want a bit of extra height to help give the illusion of longer legs (yet another one of my shortcomings). So I’ll definitely be wearing some sort of heel, but also know that it’s pretty much guaranteed that I’ll need to switch into something more comfortable if I’m going to dance the night away. Here’s a look at some of the bride-friendly flats I’m considering, spanning quite a range in price and glitz. Let me know your thoughts!
1. Benjamin Adams London Flats // $299 at Nordstrom
2. Kate Spade Banner Lace and Leather Flats // $298 at Nordstrom
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Nilly Jelly Bow Ballerina Flats // $280 at Neiman Marcus
4. BP. Cutout Flats // $50 at Nordstrom
5. Blue by Betsey Johnson Ever Flats // $100 at Zappos
6. Jimmy Choo Alina Point-Toe Glitter Flats // $550 at Neiman Marcus
7. Bottega Veneta Glitter Leather Ballet Flats // $590 at NET-A-PORTER
8. Footsyfolds Crystal Flats // $125 at Nordstrom
So, which is your favorite? I love the Jimmy Choos, but the Blue by Betsey Johnson Flats are definitely closer to my price range. Those of you who have been brides before, did you manage in your heels all night? I’d love to hear your stories and any shoe and foot comfort recommendations you can share. My delicate soles thank you in advance!