This isn’t the best picture I’ve taken, but don’t let that deter you from giving this white hot chocolate a try. The lesson here is some things aren’t meant to be photographed, just consumed. And even ugly pictures are worth sharing.
Call me unorthodox, but white chocolate is my favorite kind. I realize it contains little to no cocoa, but I can’t help how I feel. And I definitely can’t help how I eat my feelings, but that’s an entirely different matter.
Given that people like me are in the minority, white hot chocolate isn’t something available at most coffeehouses. Good thing we can avoid the stares and make it at home, because it’s almost as simple as melting white chocolate chips in hot milk. And when I say “almost as,” what I really mean is it absolutely is.
So even if you do like your chocolate brown, give the white version a shot. I’ll bet you have milk and a handful of white chocolate chips lying around somewhere. It’ll take you no time to see the magic of white chocolate for yourself.
P.S. These last couple Thirsty Thursday posts have gotten a little too easy. I’ll turning things up in next week’s post. Stay tuned.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- whipped cream, marshmallows (optional)
- In a small saucepan over low, heat milk and white chocolate chips, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a low simmer, and remove from heat before it begins to boil.
- Pour into a mug, top with marshmallows or whipped cream and enjoy.